The Italian Federation Launches a Challenge To The Government

The 'calcio' authorities are ready to make the most of the chances that Serie A will resume this season to the point that Gabriele Gravina, president of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), has launched a full-blown challenge to the country's government after several ministers have been in favor of ending the season.

"Plan B in the event of a definitive stoppage in football? My sense of responsibility leads me to have a plan B, C, D. But if it has to rhyme with 'it's over', I say that, as long as I'm FIGC president, I will never sign for blocking the championships because it would be death of Italian football ", declared Gravina during a telematic meeting promoted by Ascoli in the presence of the directors of this club, now in Serie B.

Gravina responded in this way to the statements of Vincenzo Spadafora, Minister of Sports, that "the leaders of football, I am referring to the League and also to the FIGC, should start to think of a Plan B" before the possibility to permanently cancel the season.

"I am protecting the interests of all, continued Gravina, therefore, I repeat, I refuse to put the signature in a total block, except for objective conditions, related to the health of the players, coaches, technical personnel and experts, but someone You have to tell me clearly and you must stop me from going ahead. "

Gravina explained the consequences of ending the season: “Can you imagine how many disputes we would have to face? Who is turned on? Who is descended? What rights will we trample on? Everyone invokes the blockade, let the government do it, impose it; I will always respect the rules. Every day I have to turn off the attacks and people don't understand or pretend not to understand. I repeat the concept once again: I will never sign a championship lock. "
Previous Post Next Post